Saturday 4 September 2010

It's a beautiful day - the sun is out, the birds are singing and I can't stop smiling


This morning, I was washing dishes and I happened to look out the window and saw this beautiful butterfly sitting on the fence. I haven't seen many of these butterflies in Scotland so, I thought I'd share it with you all. Maybe it's the huge lavender bush in my soon tobe mother in-laws backyard that's attracting the butterflies.



So far today, it's been a typical Saturday of lazing about, watching tv, cleaning up and browsing the web however, it's the first time I've been away from my sewing machine since I got it and I'm missing it loads since I have ideas flying in my head all the time. Usually when I have ideas in my head I go straight to my machine and start sewing them or at least cut the measurements and pinning them together. I'll distract my hands and mind with knitting Neil's socks as I promised him I'd do. 

Picture from yosemite knitting addiction

Speaking of knitting, I have found out that you can knit two socks at the same time. I've looked on Youtube and it shows you how to knit a sock inside another sock and it looks simple however, after doing 5 rounds some of it is mixed into the other sock but I'll keep trying after I finish my most current knitting projects. If anyone knows how to do this please send me some intructions. I found a blog from someone in Toronto that has learned how to do this at an advanced sock knitting class: http://yosemite-knittingaddiction.blogspot.com/2010/04/where-did-month-go.html#links
 Maybe the key is to use two different colours if you want to use this technique - I think I'll try this :)

Well, I'm gonna go knit Neil's toe socks now but I'll post a picture of where I'm at on my next blog (hopefully more than 5").


If you have any ideas or comments about my blog or items; feel free to post them, as I always welcome them with open arms.


 Georgina x
p.s tell your friends and family about my blog and shop on Folksy. The more followers I get, the faster I can to start my giveaway's.

No comments:

Post a Comment