Tuesday 28 September 2010

Greetings from Canada!!!

I am now finally settled in a bit at my mum's house in Toronto. It has been lovely spenting time with my mum and brother again (even though the last time I seen was only 5 months ago). Working with the children has been good but tiring so, I am finding it hard to study at night, fit in reading as well as keep my fairly new blog in check. While I was on the airplane and waiting at Gatwick for my connecting flight to Toronto I read half of the book called The Man Who disappeared. It has been a good read so far and am looking forward to spending time reading it. 



My brother, Jason's 30th birthday is on Saturday so, we are having a small family dinner with cake of course and then Jason, his new girlfriend of 2 weeks who is called Mel (it will be the first time I meet her), his good friend Rob and myself are going to the Air Canada Centre to see the Toronto Maple Leafs VS Detriot Red Wings. It should be a really good game to watch and I haven't seen a hockey game live in probably 10 years easy. Also, as a treat to my mum, on Saturday afternoon we are spending some quality time together getting a aromatherapy massage, pedicures and manicures. Since Saturday will be a busy day, I will be studying super hard on Sunday. I don't want to fall behind when I've only started studying again. 


I also need to squeeze in some sock knitting time for my Neil.

I miss so many things already about Scotland and my flat and it's only been a week. I hope it won't be like this for the next few months. However, I am looking forward to Canadian Thanksgiving which is coming up soon.


Does anyone have nice men's sock patterns that are quite easy and fast? If so, I'd love for you to share them.


Georgina x

No comments:

Post a Comment