Friday 3 September 2010

Fall is just around the corner

I got thinking about the next holiday coming which is Halloween, well it's not a holiday but an event. I know everyone loves to throw a nice party for their friends and family so, it has got thinking about making nice Halloween gift bags and I got the cutest fabric in my stash. I'm going to make up a demo and see how it looks first before I post it on my Folksy shop, but I will post it on here first. 

So, I've been thinking of what designs I should put on a few of my newest items  and now that Fall is just around the corner I've been thinking of things that remind you of Fall like the leaves, apple picking, pumpkins, pies, etc...  Fall is great because it's not freezing and not roasting and there is so much wonderful colours to look at - it just makes me smile.

Image from: creative kid stuff
In September, my aim is to make some items with my fabric stash. I am not allowed to buy any more fabric until most of it's gone.

My sewing machine is at my house and I'm housesitting for my future mother in-law until September 12th. So, I'll get cracking on my doing some projects from the 13th.


I will hopefully finish at least one of the two my Neil's manly toe socks that I'm knitting for him during the time that I'm house sitting. Currently, I'm at 4" at the cuff so, got a long way to go. Once the socks are complete and a success I'll put my pattern on here to share.




Image from: tvbookclub.co.uk
Well, to keep myself busy during the day, I am reading Ellis Island by Kate Kerrigan (on chapter 12), which I seen featured on the TV Book Club - it's £3.99 on their website, along with loads of other books.
It is about childhood sweethearts that get married against their families' wishes in Ireland. When the husband is injured in the War of Independence, his wife Ellie emigrates to America for a one short year to earn money for the operation her husband needs to allow him to walk again. Will she stay in America after the one year or will she return Ireland?











If you have any ideas or comments don't forget to post them, as I always welcome them.

Georgina x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for entering my giveaway!! Those door stops are very sweet!!

    ReplyDelete