Thursday 16 September 2010

Sewing, Sewing, Sewing ...


This is the first part of my lap quilt. I have been working on it for most of the day, but I am enjoying the challenge of putting it together and finding solutions to fixing certain parts or gaps. I am actually going to Northrn Ireland next week to visit my 90 year old grandparents and I was thinking about trying to finish it before I go, which may be a challenge but I'd like to give it to my grandmother something to keep her warm and I know her mother used to do alot of crafty things so she will appreciate it. If I can embroider it I will with the message, "Wrap yourself in love". 


Hopefully, tomorrow I will get another two rows sewn in. I can't wait to get this project all sewn in and photographed, I'm a little impatient but it's just because I'm sooooooooooo excited!!! 
Do you ever get excited about finishing a quilt? Do you have any quilting tips? I am actually trying to find out whether I should put batting in my lap quilt. What do you think? 

Georgina x

No comments:

Post a Comment