Monday 13 September 2010

Rain Rain Go Away ... I Will Knit My Socks Today

Half of Neil's Knitted Toe Socks




Since, today it has been pouring down and really windy all day in Glasgow I have stayed in and cleaned the house and then got onto knitting again. As you can see, I have passed my 5" mark and will be continuing to knit for the next week so I can finish my first sock as well as my first ever toe socks. I will post the pattern once I finish both socks and once Neil tests them out and gives me the go ahead.


I also started organizing my small stash of limited fabrics and put my scraps into a small container so I don't lose them. Tomorrow will be the day of looking through Neil and my closet for old and unwanted fabrics that could be used to make a lovely quilt.


I have always wanted to make a quilt so, almost every other day I will be going to charity shops to look at pieces of clothing, pillowcases, bed coverings, asking friends and family for any old clothing and fabrics they may have as well as trying to buy nice fabric that doesn't cost a fortune. This quilt will be made from a piece of every one, which is what I really like and it makes it just so much more special. And the person or persons that receives this quilt (or quilts, if I have enough fabrics) will appreciate the warmth and love that has been put into making it, which is why I will donate it to my local elderly community care home that is in need of single bed blankets for the people in their care.

If you have any cotton fabrics either by the yard (or metre), fat quarter or even scraps at 2" x 2" or more that is unwanted and you want to donate them I would really appreciate it. And of course, I will post the progress of it and the finished product.


Georgina x

No comments:

Post a Comment