Thursday 9 September 2010

Book Reviews


The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars (for all the books in total)


I began to start to read these books after I watched the first two films, which I really enjoyed and got me hooked. The first two books were my favourite by far, and the Eclipse was a disappointment but I kept with it and Breaking Dawn was an enjoyable read with a complete ending on the whole love story. These books were page turners and I found it really hard to put down. It's not the type of book you read for just one or two chapters - you'll need to read them all!


Even though these books are meant to be targeted for the teen audience however, I have noticed people of all ages reading them. And I now understand why - each page is laced to cocaine, making you want more. These books have really got teenagers interested in reading again and parents wondering why.


Twilight 

When 17 year old Isabella Swan moves to Forks, Washington to live with her father she expects that her new life will be as dull as the town. She finds out that her new classmates are drawn to her as the new girl in town. Well, everyone except - the Cullen family. These five adopted brothers and sisters obviously prefer their own company and will make no exception for Bella. Bella is convinced that Edward Cullen in particular hates her, but she still feels a strange attraction to him. He tried to keep his distance from her until, he saves her life from an out of control car. After doing her own research, Bella discovers that he and his family are vampires but still she can't keep from thinking of him.


My Review:

When reading this book I could really feel the passion between Bella and Edward. And him being a vampire made it even more interesting for me since I love vampire plots. Bella, for me was really a real person not just another fake character and I could see a bit of myself in her. I could not put down this book and real page turner.


New Moon

In New Moon, Bella realizes that being in love with a vampire is quite a dangerous thing. Especially, when at the Cullen's, she opens her present running her finger under the edge of the paper and jerked it under the tape. and get a paper cut. A single drop of blood oozed from the tiny cut. It all happened very quickly then. 'No!' Edward roared ...Dazed and disorientated,  she looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of her arm - and into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires. For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen.  As their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realise their troubles may just be beginning. 


My Review:
In this book, you really have a good feel of the Cullens and what they stand for and how Bella and Edward would do anything for each other, even die. What I really liked about this book was the expansion on Bella and Jacob's friendship and how much they cared about each other. I was a Team Jacob by the end of this book. But you also, found out more about Jacob and who he really was. This book was finished within one day, that's how good it was. And it left you with a hanger -  will Bella marry Edward?



 Eclipse

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death.

My Review: 
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the rest but I think that is because I seen the movie first (not a good idea). In this book, you really see Bella, the Cullens and Jacobs gang as a team and not something Bella is made to choose. I'm still Team Jacob but in this book he is kept wondering will she ever give up Edward to be with me? and Bella doesn't know how to make up her mind between Jacob and Edward. She frustrated me a bit with her swaying and selfishness and not considering what she's doing to these poor guys. I really wanted to just slap her all the time for a while. I felt really sorry for both of these guys.


 Breaking Dawn

In this book, Stephanie Meyer's love story, questions will be answered and the fate of Bella and Edward will be revealed. 

My Review:
At the end of reading this book, I felt it was a little over the top and stretched too far and I kinda guessed some of the things that happened in this book, which was disappointing because I was still waiting for something to turn and surprise me but nothing really did. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed reading it but it doesn't leave you to imagine some things at the end. It wraps up pretty much the whole love story and leaves nothing to the imagination however not the ending I was thinking of anyway. Another easy read.

Have you read any of these books or all of them. If so, tell me what you think of the book(s). Or do you want to recommend any reads for me if so feel free to leave a comment.


Georgina x

No comments:

Post a Comment