Tuesday 7 September 2010

Quilting a Pot Holder

I finally got my sewing machine out and set it up so I could start making a few items unfortunately the fabric that was brought down was some of my scraps that I was saving for learning how to quilt. I thought that's it I'll try making a quilted tea pot holder. I went onto Youtube since I didn't have a quilting book or magazine and came across this quilting lady. I have quilted some pieces together to make a pot holder but I am going to go buy a couple of thick, cheap face cloths for the filling and then will get a piece of fabric for the back and the edging. This would make really nice presents for Christmas. Yes, I'm thinking of the holiday's already. Since, I am going to be a student and probably skint for the next 3 years, it's going to be handmade items for everyone. Plus, I also need to make things for my flat to make it look like a home not a show flat. I will post a few photos of my lovely pot holder (well I hope lovely) when I'm finished it.


I absolutely love quilts and would love to be able to make one for myself and eventually one for my mum, as she's always wanted one. I think quilts give a very homely feel. I know my grandmother always has one in every room and they are sooooo warm.


Are you a fellow quilter or just love quilts? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments or even tips on quilting or books on learning how to quilt. Do you think hand quilting is better than quilting with your sewing machine? Let me know your thoughts :)


Georgina x

No comments:

Post a Comment