Tuesday 14 September 2010

Reading and Sewing, well not sewing but cutting fabrics

I have now started to read another book called The Man Who Disappeared by Clare Morrall. It is a recommended summer read by the TV Book Club so, I decided that I would pick it up. 

The Man Who Disappeared by Clare Morrall is about a man, Felix, who vanishes without telling anyone and leaves his wife, Kate, and children. Kate found out that he is suspected guilty of a criminal offence, does she really know the man she loved? As she faces the possibility that he might not return, she realises her own strength to keep going. But will her husband return to face the truth?

Once I finish this read I will post my review and tell you what book is next. Do you know a really good read if so, please feel free to share :) 

The Bailey Collection Fabrics

This morning, I went to Hobby Craft in Glasgow to "look" at fabric since my local charity shop had no nice fabrics that I could recycle. And YES, I did buy some lovely fabric which was apart of The Baileys Collection. I started to cut out the triangles for my quilt when I got back and I will continue doing it for a few hours tomorrow and then hopefully get onto knitting. I think the quilt is going to have triangles and rectangle strips . I will post pictures of my lay out on Thursday or Friday. I am hoping to get sewing by Friday. I'm way too excited since it's going to be my first quilt, I might even add a few embroidery pieces to it :) What do you think of the colours I have choosen?


The start of my quilt cutting


Georgina x

No comments:

Post a Comment