Saturday 18 September 2010

Lap Quilt - Starting to come together now

Good day to you all! I hope your day is going well. I have woke up to a rainy day but it's no biggie, because it's now actually sunny out but a little windy too.


My Triangle Lap Quilt with Panels

As you can see, I have started putting my quilt together. I think for my first quilt it is going well. I still have only used maybe half a metre of each fabric but that's including the triangles that are not put together in this picture yet. I will hopefully find sometime today to add to my quilt but I really want to go to the quilt shop. How do you stop this urge? Fabric and Hasberdasery shops are like cocaine to me these days. Is everyone else addicted to these shops like me?



Okay back to my lap quilt.... The cream triangles at the side will be cut down the middle to square it off and this would be near my edging. I will do another 3 panels of triangles top and bottom and this should be big enough for a lap quilt. Once it's done and put together I will go get some embroidery thread and see if I can embroider a wee message for my gran. I think she'll LOVE it! Well, I hope so cause I love it!


How do you think It's coming along? Do you like the colours or pattern? Any suggestions?


I think it's coming along good considering I'm designing one panel at a time. Quilting is fun!


Georgina x

No comments:

Post a Comment